We believe that E-Learning is wrong when it comes to First Aid Training and so do the HSE! Here’s why…
- When you’re learning to drive a car you need to have theoretical knowledge in order to gain a solid understanding. You also need some practice in order to gain more confidence. It is similar with First Aid Training.
- You need to have knowledge of the life saving steps you need to take when coming across a casualty, but you also need the practical experience through performing CPR, using a AED and even practising putting someone into a recovery position!
- When attending a first aid course, you have the opportunity to get on the floor and practice these life saving skills in a group. This means that you will become more confident in using your skills to potentially save a life one day in the real world!
- The problem with E-Learning, is that people sit behind a computer screen or a mobile phone and will never actually practice any of these life saving skills. You may read a few paragraphs and watch a couple of videos, but what happens to the practice?
- You won’t be able to practice CPR on any manikin’s and you won’t be able to practice putting someone into a recovery position. In order to become confident enough to actually use these skills, you need to attend a course so that you are able to take part in the practical side.
First Aid courses with SkillBase First Aid are professional, fun, highly participative and allow delegates to ask questions and discuss their experiences in an open and relaxed fashion. We believe that it is important to have interactive courses in order to for delegates to feel more confident to assist with emergencies both in and out of work.