Covid-19 related information – 24 June 2020
We’re back to help train your team in Practical First Aid
Whilst we recover from this pandemic, as a country together, safety is the top priority for us at SkillBase. Our team is working harder than ever behind the scenes and we are proactively responding to the Government and industry guidelines.
The Government has started to ease ‘lockdown’ measures for the country, so we have been able to work on our plan to open up training courses for you.
We want you to know that we appreciate your patience and if you have any concerns we are here! We are looking forward to getting back to doing what we do best. We have missed training you and we are certainly looking forward to being around people again (at a safe distance of course).
Great to know – requalification deadline extended
You may already know this, you may not! But we wanted to give you the heads up. For those that have struggled to requalify due to the Covid-19 outbreak, the kindly folks over at the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) have extended the expiry of First Aid certificates that expired on or after 16th March 2020. Check if you’re eligible for a certificate extension here. This extension expires 30th September 2020, however, you will need to seek requalification before this date. To avoid further delay in requalification, get in touch today to get yourselves booked in or you can book online.
We have implemented oodles of measures to help keep you and our team safe
First Aid training is essential and we are ready to support your training needs.
Our aim is to keep our relaxed, friendly, and fun elements to our training courses alongside strong risk management procedures, to keep you and our staff as safe as possible.
It’s inevitable that our courses had to change, here’s how our training will be a little different:
- There will be a limited number of delegates per course to maintain social distancing in all our venues
- We can come to you for group courses, we just need to work together on the risk assessment. This will include social distancing and infection control measures at your place
- There will be strict standards of handwashing for all delegates and trainers
- Delegates will receive their own individual equipment to use throughout the practical elements of the course
- Delegates will have their own designated area in the room. There will be a ratio of 1:1 manikins where possible, if not, then other safety measures have been put in place.
- We will have additional props for delegates to use so they do not need to work with other delegates during practical activities
- We still aim for our courses to be fun and have made them as interactive as possible
We have launched our online Mental Health First Aid Course
We are delighted to share with you our new online courses in Mental Health. Before you jump on board and book these courses, it is important to note – these are not your ordinary ‘online courses’ with pre-recorded sessions. They are live instructor-led courses bringing the classroom-based activities to life via a specialist Online Learning Hub. Courses are accredited and certified by MHFA England (the only licensed provider in ‘Mental Health First Aid’ in England). Find out more about our Mental Health Courses.
Need to see our Covid-19 Risk Assessments?
- For all our customers who have booked a group training session at your own place or at your own hired venue, see our risk assessment here
- For our customers who have booked on an open course at our Desford, Leicestershire Training centre, see our risk assessment here
- For our customers who have booked on an open course at our Newbold Verdon, Leicestershire training centre, see our risk assessment here