First Aid Instructor Training
3 Day Principles and Practice Course
Principles & Practice Course...
If you are looking to become a first aid instructor to train independently or for your workplace, this is the ideal course for you. You don’t need to have previous experience of teaching first aid, as this course will give you all the skills you need to teach a range of lively and engaging courses...
Unique Course With Real Delegates
This unique course allows you to individually join a live First Aid course. You will be given the opportunity to lead some topics, giving you the experience of developing your skills with live delegates rather than a room full of other instructors.
This ensures that you receive the time, quality and support needed from the Training Quality Specialist.
- Vast experience of one of our Training Quality Specialists
- Valuable experience with real delegates on a live First Aid course
- All about confidence building, and understanding the knowledge of all the rules and regulations set by all of the relevant authorities
The first day of the course will take place at the start of the month and will hold up to six trainee instructors. You will all be taught about a range of training methods on how to best teach First Aid, and you will be able to put these skills into practice when you attend the live course.
The second day of the course is where you will join a live First Aid course. You will also assist in training a few course elements under the guidance of one of our existing First Aid Instructors. You will be given the opportunity to lead some topics, giving you the experience of developing your skills with live delegates rather than a room full of other instructors.
Coming back to the group on the third and final day of the course you will cover further training experience, the options available to you to keep your training compliant, course administration, managing resources, managing difficult delegates, assessment skills, along with a range of useful and valuable guidance from our experienced Training Quality Specialist.
Confidence Included As Standard!
Our First Aid Instructor courses have been designed to ensure that you leave able to deliver excellent first aid training. Even the most experienced trainers can find embarking on teaching a new subject daunting, but our aim is to ensure that you are confident to teach a range of courses, including:
- 1 Day HSE Compliant Emergency First Aid at Work
- 3 Day HSE Compliant First Aid at Work
- 2 Day HSE Compliant First Aid at Work Refresher
- 2 Day Paediatric First Aid
- 4 Hours Foundation First Aid
- 2 Hours Basic Life Support
- AED Overview
Delegates should already have one of following:
- A valid First Aid at Work certificate, or
- A registration and license as a Doctor with the General Medical Council, or
- A current registration as a Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council, or
- A current registration as a paramedic with the Health and Care Professions Council
Delegates must also have one of the following teaching or training qualification. No qualification? No problem! We can add the Level 3 Award in Education & Training to the instructor course.
- Cert Ed, PGCE, B Ed, M Ed
- English National Board 998
- Further and Adult Education Teacher’s Certificate
- IHCD Instructional Methods
- IHCD Instructor Certificate
- Nursing mentorship qualifications
- PTLLS with unit ‘Principles and Practice of Assessment’
- S/NVQ level 3 in training and development
- S/NVQ level 4 in training and development
- TQFE (Teaching Qualification for Further Education)
- Training Group A22, B22, C21, C23, C24
- Level 3 Award in Education & Training
- Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training
- Level 5 Diploma in Education & Training
If you do not have any of the teaching or training qualifications listed above, we are able to register you to complete the nationally recognised Level 3 Award in Education & Training as part of your instructor training.
Joining our team of networks mean that you will be part of something bigger...
Our support doesn’t stop at the end of the course. If you join our national team of networks, we will provide you with professional training materials and quality assurance services to enable you to teach a range of courses. In fact, that’s just the beginning!
SkillBase First Aid have a dedicated Training Network Manager & Training Quality Specialist who will be providing you with ongoing support and continuous guidance to ensure that you remain confident in training first aid.
The benefit of joining our network:
We want to make things easier for our team of networks by reducing the amount of Administration time. This means that you will have the maximum amount of practical time, where you are able to focus on delivering fun, interactive and lively first aid courses and helping your delegates become confident in saving lives.
Some of the benefits of joining our group of networks include, but are not limited to:
- Free registration with our network means you will receive ongoing support and continuous guidance from our experienced Training Network Manager & Training Quality Specialist.
- You will be able to teach a range of HSE Compliant First Aid Courses that meet the rules and regulations set by the Health & Safety Executive.
- You will receive free comprehensive resource packs and course teaching guides, as well as tried and tested professional course presentations in line with workbooks and manuals, enabling you to start your training immediately.
- Free after course support, to ensure you remain confident in the training that you provide.
- Free Annual CPD.
- Free online admin portal.
- SkillBase First Aid can provide you with all resources at a 20% discount rate. This includes training equipment, manikins, books & delegate packs. We have no minimum order so you can place your order whenever it is suitable for you.
- Our Training Quality Specialist & Training Network Manager will notify you immediately of any incoming changes to the rules and regulations.
To reduce the amount of administration for you, all you have to do is send the completed paperwork to us once you have run the course:
- We'll do all the Quality Assurance when we receive the paperwork.
- We'll keep a record of the delegates on our system for a period of 7 years.
- We'll create personalised, professional certificates and send them back to you.
It's as easy as 1, 2, 3!
Call our Service Superheroes on 0330 335 1234 to find our more about our First Aid Instructor Course and joining our network!
Course Dates & Online Booking
All 3 days include lunch and free parking. Prices are shown exclusive of VAT.
If you have not arranged the second day at the time of the booking, please contact our Service Superhero Team on 0330 335 1234 to confirm.
Please ensure you have the relevant pre-requisites before booking onto this course. We can provide them if you haven't.
Trusted by over a hundred-thousand first aiders!
Great requal course over two days, professional and informative - it's given me back confidence for first aid responding. Good service all round from initial booking to completion.
Charlotte Metcalfe Holyland2014-07-25
I have just finished my 3 day first aid course at Skill Base. The course was great fun and the facilities were excellent. It was a great environment and all the staff are very friendly. I would highly recommend Skill Base.
I enjoyed the course and felt much more confident in my first aid skills than I ever have before. Highly recommended!
WOW!!! Been on quite a few first aid courses over the years, this one was very different, the trainer was amazing. The course content was very relevant to what we could encounter in everyday life, it was put over to us in a fun and practical way.
I thought the course was great - well delivered, very informative, went home and remembered important elements! Book was fantastic and user friendly, will deffo be back!
Great course. Tutor used great method of training with visual, writing and practical demonstrations. Class was a perfect size. Really pleased I attended and would not hesitate in signing up to a SkillBase course again because of this experience.
What a fantastic course! Who knew First Aid could be so much fun to learn! Highly recommended. Learnt alot thank you
Can't fault anything about Skillbase. Fabulous venue and fantastic trainers and office team. Top notch service all around. Would give 10 stars if I could.
Just completed 3 day 1st aid course at the coach house Desford. Tutor was vibrant, enthusiastic, good balance between humour and keeping the course on track.